Saturday, July 29, 2006

SELF EXAMINATION 2


The last five months have been extremely difficult but revealing and educative. The clouds slowly are clearing though the effects/scars of the period shall linger for a fair while.

Adversity, from the first day of my birth, has always been my companion and I have always fought back gamely, as that dreadful but apt macho saying goes- better die like a man than live like a dog (dogs I must say have infinitely better lives than humans). All you ever have in this life is your pride, beliefs, convictions and your Integrity, these no one can take from you. I have never been ruled by tangible wealth, which is why when people who worship it lie, steal, cheat and generally attack you, your only armour is your indifference and truth. Of course there have been moments of weakness, I am a human being and as can be testified to by friends and recent foes alike, what I feel is worn on my face- though not always an attribute.

Nietzsche- the cynical one said two things that I hold true-

"What does not destroy me makes me stronger".

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. "

There must be a reason why I'm on this earth, which is to bring good to something/someone, somewhere, which is good enough for me. As my Dad said, what is yours is yours and what isn't you don't need.

I want to express my sincere appreciation to loved ones/friends who have stood by my side or been a great source of inspiration and motivation at this period, whether they knew it or not and who I have learnt from.

The parent/sisters/brother, BM, The Delectable designer, Mama M, The Sanguine Surveyor cousin, AH, Euphemia Dreaming, The Oriental Barrister, Sive, The Golders Green Geezer, Rossetta, Aunty U, The Leader of the Edinburgh Philharmonic, Caz the Canadian Crusader, Lado Williams, The Uncle, The Sculptor, The Ex-wife, L'il Wales, JO-The Californian Corporate Law Cat, Lindsay T, The magnificent Melbourne mate, Gay and Martin at Wilmington, Big Mike and Joyce. Mama Gee, The Lager Lawyer, The Assinine Architect, Eddie Ofei,Sotiris of Max Planck, Jahman- The Editor, Mike The Other Editor, The Stingy Security Consultant, WSH, Marylin + Lennox, Air Commodore DJO, Colonel JA, Les and lastly but not leastly the most wonderful kids alive- my little boy K and my little girl D, with wisdom well beyond their years, who judged not, complained little and understood that their old man though a little preoccupied, loved them dearly. I say thank you to all.

In the course of this journey, I may have offended many or all for things said/done or failed to be done/said, for this I shall sincerely apologise, but in this regard, I shall quote my mate/merciless shrink- the Lager Lawyer- " E.... you're an Idiot, but a harmless, one so I'll ignore you".

This blog has been a way to express one's thoughts and contact those who I hold dear. I thank you for reading this though.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Bros,
This is very strong, emotive and soul-stirring but i am glad you are as resolute as ever. Always remember, no matter what oythers feel you are and remain a hero to someone, some other people somewhere. So, why don't you keep being for those who look up to you, inspite of your humanly shortcomings and let those who plan to hack you hang on to their shallow dreams and flat ambitons. Abeg roll on, my Bros.
Jahman

8:45 pm  
Blogger Seal67 said...

Thanks Jah, as usual you haev been a brother and a man of substance. May the sun never set on your aspirations and progress.

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home