Sunday, June 18, 2006

Of Dates and Coincidence

Of Dates and Coincidence

I recognise that the title of this posting maybe slightly misleading, sorry! I refer to calendar dates as opposed to the tiresome gender-interactive variety.

It occurred to me just this morning that my daughter was born a couple of days before my Grandfather's birthdate. I was already aware that my son was born two days before my Father's birthdate, having been so pointedly reminded by everyone who draws breath in my family.It'd be idle to speculate on the significance of this other than to say that there is always a Mathematical explanation.

Its Father's day, hence I shall send a message to the Pedantic Paediatric Surgeon- my daughter's Godfather, the Stingy Security Consultant/Sanguine Surveyor, my son's Godfathers- on behalf of the aforesaid offspring. I am certain my Godson- L (the Pedantic Paediatric Surgeon's son) shall remember to send his poor Godfather (me) a message and forgive the fact that I forgot his last four birthdays. On the subject of coincidence, my daughter and L my godson, were actually born on the same day in 1998, strange eh?

To deviate as usual, Its been a decent weekend with my offspring, spent doing ZIP and I might say, much to their displeasure- (Dad was watching Ghana thrash the Czech Republic you see). I did give them the option of returning me to the shop and getting a new father- which they initially seemed enthusiastic about, but they had lost the receipt anyway, so tough! I forgot to mention, a cracking gig on friday night, more on that later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home