Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Doherty does Porridge

Well fancy that Pete Doherty actually having to serve a custodial sentence?
All I can add is that my criticisms of him go beyond his problem but to the seeming dupicity of standards, every adult human being of sane mind has to take responsibility for his/her actions. Whilst a custodial sentence may not cure him of his problem, there has to be a consequence for his actions which do not give younger impressionable persons the feeling that its okay to take drugs and evade the consequences of the Law that everyone else has to comply with - pure and simple.
My valued mate the - venerable Rasta Mouse considered my comments somewhat judgmental, well I fully appreciate an respect that there is need to consider circumstances before passing such judgment, however the substantial argument remains that if a man is found guilty of administering drugs to a teenage fan- he is not just a danger to himself but to others and my only concern about the sentence being that it wasn't longer. I sincerely hope that this prison sentence provides a catalyst for this guy to clean up his act, many far more deserving people have not had a tenth of the chances he's had and if he doesn't well ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home