Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sir Louis Mbanefo- Wikipedia

I attempted to place the article on Sir Louis Mbanefo on Wikipedia as a simple information resource on the gentleman. However it has been deleted twice on the basis of...wait for it Copyright violation.
Basically I was accused of flagrant Copyright violation of an article on wait for it...The Blog Subliminalcodesintext, as in err....this Blog!!?!

Whilst I understood the first deletion (the sentiment being quite reasonably to protect author copyright), but the second being after I had raised the fact that I was the original author of the article boggles the mind. I repeat that this is an article which I originated and researched with the assistance and consent of the late gentleman's family and which I seek to disseminate as a free information resource for posterity.

Essentially Wikipedia is patrolled by volunteer users who go round deleting, modifying and editing articles as they see fit, which is in itself commendable, on an otherwise unregulated site, however there are limits to this and in this instance it borders on the extreme.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aphy's Transcripts said...

I think Wikipedia expects the article to exist in only place, so as to be the only source of the information instead of having it exist in several different places on the web. May want to delete it from your journal first and then try again.

PS. did you receive my email?

7:59 pm  
Blogger Seal67 said...

If thats what they believe then i say- Absolute bunkum, I shan't delete it from here. I think its suimply absurd to describe a voluntary post by the author of an article as copyright violation of his own work. If they wont publish it then lets forget it. Got your email, please send details you require from me for the ref.

11:25 am  
Blogger kpn said...

http://subliminalcodesintext.blogspot.com/2008/01/sir-louis-mbanefo-wikipedia.html

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home