Thursday, July 05, 2007

This Blog

I've been writing this typo-ridden and syntax challenged blog for over a year now. For many its a self-indulgent diary of one'sbanal life, for me its been a friend, an enemy, a distraction, a weapon, a mirror and calibrator most of all it has been an education.
At the back of my mind is the hope that when I'm gone, I'll leave something other than very little money for my kids to remember me by, this blog represents all I believe in, most of which I endeavour to and often fail to live up to, the fact being at least to acknowledge one's failings and try and amend. I hope its a worthwhile legacy.

I'm fortunate to have been able to reach anyone with it, to touch, annoy, insult, amuse, irritate and hopefully inspire people who I know and may never know.

One of the most touching comments I've had on here is from a chap called Anthony, who left a comment on a post titled "Loser" which I wrote earlier on in the year. I'm attaching a copy of what he wrote as well as a link. To all once again I say thanks for reading.
By the way its the Pedantic Paediatric Surgeon's 40th this month. Much love brother, may the sun never set on your dreams, one day the Horizon shall give way to the shore.
Anyway here's Anthony's quote and here's the link to the original post: http://subliminalcodesintext.blogspot.com/2007/01/loser.html#links

"anthony said...
I thought I was an endangered species until I came across your blog. Isn't it sad that the measure of a man is now his bank balance and possessions and not "real" assets like integrity honour and principles. Please keep up the good work and thanks for those wonderful pictures of Nigeria in the halcyon days of the 40s and 50s. (not that I was born then!). Take care.
12:58 AM "

I guess all this makes writing stuff all night and driving a 500 mile round trip to a meeting immediately afterwards worth it eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home