Wednesday, February 07, 2007

England v New Zealand Cricket: Eating one's hat

Young Boniface from across the office once again informed me of England's victory against New Zealand and requested of me that I eat my hat for my adverse comments against England's performance in the series.

I own a hat by the way, a black dress hat from Bates of Jermyn Street, to state the plainly obvious, its neither a Kebab nor a plate of Egg and Chips- cuilinary delicacies of which Young B relishes in true gourmet fashion. I shall however accept that England showed true character by pulling back from the brink, thanks of course to Collingwood's century, otherwise I stand by my comments about England's performance and will say that the ever present collapse was not my making and even in the match against New Zealand, it reared its ugly head once more. In truth I find that with a bit of bottle there's absolutely no reason why England cannot win the series.

Back of course to the hat eating business, I shall reach a compromise and eat my old Military Police Beret, whilst I concede it's not a hat, It shall certainly have the desired effect of shutting me up (I do not talk with my mouth full) and ensure that Young B gets his desired revenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home