Saturday, January 27, 2007

Incongruence






A square peg in a round hole? Simple lesson of life (as if I actually listen to my own bloody advice!) is that where indices or factors in a system are incongruent, a state of disequilibrium exists.

Motivational speakers at any level will tell you that there is virtue in endeavour, work at it, try hard, keep pushing (familiar mantras). Quite correct...when the basic congruence or logic of endeavour is established.

I truly admire Salmon, having said that I am a bit concerned at the futility of their endeavour in swimming against the current and then pegging it afterwards. Even the male Praying Mantis has some measure of purpose in its eventual demise after pleasuring the female species (for the ignorant, female Praying Mantis, as a rule bite off the heads of the male after Intercourse, having fulfilled his God-given task of impregnating the female). I remain unconvinced that there is any significance of purpose in the Salmon's predisposition to swimming against the current, cal me stupid but thats my view.
My thoroughly subjective view is that if ain't happening it ain't simple. Life is such a massive experience, there is just so much on this earth to absorb and exercise that is the simple beauty of this world we live in. The paucity of vision often causes us to narrow our field of vision and prospects. That restricts us to remain in a situation of stagnance of and angst.

There are of course many instances in which one cannot change one's circumstances, it would be naive of me to state otherwise, simply because I choose to advance my silly little argument. Of course many of us are unable to make certain choices because they simply do not have them, but the undeniable fact is that where there is the clear option of choice and one chooses to stagnate or even suffer, then thats a different manner.
Follow a dream, fight for a credible goal, however one has a responsibility to ones self to be honest about one's situation or indeed any situation and act remedially in ones interest. Make of this what you will however the thoughts only passed through my mind an hour ago. Have a great weekend.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home