Sunday, May 21, 2006

LETTERS FROM THE CRYPT

I was minding my business on a sunday afternoon checked the email box of my Entertainment Company .... Entertainment@yahoo.com, only to find this, from some charming fella from Nigeria, who addressed me as Mr Entertainment, and purported to represent my late Brother Mr Rick Entertainment. I felt it would be rude not to reply and I have in italics.


Dear Mr Entertainment,


My name is Adams Agba Barrister at law, and the Personal Attorney to late Mr.Rick Entertainment,a foreigner, who used to work with Jangle Cement Company here in Nigeria, on 31st of July 2000, my client and his entire got involved With an air craft {US Concorde Flight AF4590 } which crashed at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. killing all 109 passengers on board, you can confirm from this website

:(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm).

Since then I have made several enquiries to locate any of my late clients extended relatives and this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to trace his relatives over the Internet, to locate any member of his family but of no avail, hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repartrating the fund left behind by my late client because the bank have asked me as his lawyer to produce his next of kin.

Particularly, the Bank have given me a notice to provide the next of kin to claim the contract valued at about US$15.5 Million Dollars or have the amount confisicated, since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over years, now I seek your conscent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you are a foreigner and as well have the same surname with that of my late client,the proceeds of this account valued at US$15.5 Million can be paid to you.

All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through.I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law of your country and my country too as a professional legal attorney in the field.

Please, get in touch with me through my private email address above to enable us claim the fund from the bank as the new beneficiary. I hope to hear from you soon.

More importantly, you are strictly advice to send your reply to my Private and personal email address above for security and confidential reason.(barristeradams208@yahoo.fr)

Finally,kindly maintain confidentiality between you and I on this transaction.

I await your urgent response.

Best Regards,

Barrister Adams Agba (Esq)


Dear Adams,

Thanks so much for your most helpful email, to assist you in what I perceive are the difficulties you are
facing in your new profession- Fraud, I have done a critique of your letter, please do not take offence but rather consider me a good Samaritan who only wants the best for you.



1. Firstly, it is exceedingly unlikely that any person who actually is entitled to $15.5Million would have a surname like Entertainment, quite frankly I think you've been had. As a matter of urgency contact the person who sold you this mailing list and have a word with him.However I like the name Jangle Cement, it has a nice ring to it- well done



2. Your mail states you require my honest co-operation, that of course presents some difficulties since honesty as a concept is not something Lawyers or indeed Fraudsters are comfortable with and as I said I only want the best for you and would hate to cause you discomfort by assuming conduct bearing any semblance with the dreaded "H" word.



3. The plane crash actually took place in Paris, not Charlotte/Douglas Airport (wherever that is), a little bit more effort would have been appropriate if you seek to separate me or any other person from my/their hard-earned cash.



4.In response to your request for confidentiality, unfortunately Im a blabber mouth who's just posted your email and email address on my blog, hence the confidentiality you seek -and I might add so richly deserve is likely to elude you in this instance. There is a small likelihood that someone will be stupid enough to fall for your overtures- however ( God forbid) thus I 've also forwarded your email to the Metropolitan Police, no doubt they might be willing to assist you and may have some thoughts along the lines I have suggested, so you see, I am trying to help Adams.



5. Your assurances of protecting me from any breach of the law are most reassuring, especially as you don't seem to know where the plane crash took place or indeed your clients name and are obviously going to scarper when the "Jangle" hits the fan. Im indeed grateful.



6. Finally Adams, I believe Ive done my good deed for the day, I wish you the best in your professional pursuits, however I would ask that you do not waste valuable Internet Cafe time emailing me again otherwise you're going to get these long. and ultimately fruitless replies.


Regards,

A... Entertainment Limited


My worry however is that there'll always be some idiot somewhere who'll fall for this. The saying a fool and his money are soon parted, could not be more apt. Please, please beware. They wouldn't do it if no-one fell for it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

1:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

10:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home